This is a mind map about startups.
IntroA very good text about Startups: Startup Advice Briefly
- "The best startup ideas are the ones that seem like bad ideas but are good ideas"
- "Don’t work with people you don’t have a good feeling about"
- "Every day, figure out what the 2 or 3 most important things for you to do are. Do those and ignore other distractions."
- "Work really hard. Everyone wants a secret to success other than this; if it exists, I haven’t found it yet."
- "Keep doing this for 10 years."
ArtsPaul Graham: How to start a startup
YCombinator: Do Things that Don't Scale
YCombinator: How to raise money
Startup MatrixStartup Matrix in Markdown format
Startup Matrix as github project
What is the flavour of culture in your companyWhat's your target ?
Good exit ? Good IPO ?
Nice place, nice team, cool projects ?
The tech or the money ?
- Some companies are dominated by engineering. HP was one. Sales was irrelevant compared to building the best product.
- Some are dominated by data, like Google.
- Others may be dominated by Product Management or Strategy.
- Cisco is Sales. No-one else counts, no other function can win. It is sales all the way.
And Sales is always a cut-throat culture if it is not mediated.
- Come for the tool, stay for the network
- Status as service - good analysis of "why" in social networks. And "social capital theory"