Of course, I play games for 30+ years, so what you see below is just small part of history.
I play mostly games in some ways related to strategy, economy, growth, science and building stuff: RTS, Tower Defense, tycoons. Some IDLE games too.
Recent (played in 2017-2019)
- 5/5 Roads of Rome - time management, resource management, 40 levels of 5-10 minutes play, but it takes a while to complete them on "expert" level. I love the graphics and music - great game for relax time.
There is Kongregate based flash demo of Roads of Rome if you wanna check before you buy.
- 5/5 Little Kingdom - nice and simple RTS, fast resource management, quick to play, but also quite challenging.
- 4/5 World explore - simple IDLE game, with simple resources management, simple science and map discovery. Takes few weeks to discover whole map.
- 5/5 Supply Chain Idle - quite non-trivial idle game.
- 5/5 yorg.io - singleplayer, defense, upgrades, mining. Great & simple graphics.
- 5/5 dupl.io - multiplayer, very simple RTS. I was really surprised how that simple game can be that good.
- 5/5 Trapped 2 - Quick (15 minutes), logic/adventure/puzzle game, mouse only
- 4/5 Escape3 - Quick (15 minutes), logic/adventure/puzzle game, very nice gfx, atmospheric
- 5/5 Dothack - Cell, Strategy, RTS, quick !
- 5/5 Swarm Queen - Cool, simple strategy/defense game. 5-10 hours gameplay. A bit a Starcraft parody. Flash based.
- 4/5 Dinogen - shooter, keyboard walking + mouse aiming, nice scenario aroud dinosaurs missions, but a bit repetitive
- 3/5 Cows vs Vikings : Tower Defence - it's just a DEMO (3 levels only), but nice tower defence, however to simplified and repetitive
+ beautiful gfx
- lack of "speed up" button
- repetitive and a bit generic, nothing new in tower defense
Older (played before 2017)
- 4/5 Demonrift TD - simple old-school tower defense with simple skills growth